Registered Nurse (RN)
- Do you have a passion for helping and caring for others?
- Are you an individual who takes responsibility and follows through on details and documentation?
- Do you get excited about learning and solving problems?
- Do you naturally connect with and build relationships with people?
Be a part of our new Senior Living community Jackson Creek Senior Living. Located in Monument nestled high on the beautiful Palmer Divide, Jackson Creek Senior Living is launching an expansive 127,885 square foot three-story design on 6.4 scenic acres. The community will offer 27 independent living apartments, 80 assisted living units and 30 memory care units and includes onsite parking with garages, surrounded by decorative landscaping and gardens. The elegant design gives a natural “Colorado feel” with colors of autumn orange, browns and grey surrounded by ornamental grasses and local perennials.
Amenities will include a dedicated focus on wellness, including a 24-hour onsite nurse, state-of-the-art call system, wander-management technology, clinic, therapy gym as well as personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Jackson Creek will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences include walking paths with access to regional nature trails, decorative water features, and garden and horticulture areas. Jackson Creek will offer its own radio station, a convenient dog wash area and a hearing loop in select areas.
The RN oversees and promotes the residents’ health and wellness through regular visits with each resident, resident assessment, and ongoing communication with the resident care team. This role also assists residents and professional nursing staff by performing duties in caring for residents in the community; work under the supervision of professional nurse. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Resident Care Duties: 40 % time
- Oversee and assist with training regarding residents’ health and wellness.
- Maintain residents’ wellness files.
- Deal with residents, families and visitors with genuine interest and tact.
- Assist with counseling residents and families.
- Assist in coordinating residents’ dietary needs with the Dining Services Director.
- Assist the Wellness Director to develop and maintain an up-to-date individual service plan for each resident.
- Direct supervision of care giving and coordination of health care needs within the community.
- Deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
Resident Medical Duties: 40 % time
- Meet with each resident on a regular basis to provide health and wellness checks and answer any health-related questions.
- Review the resident’s medical report prior to move-in to ensure that the residence can provide for the resident’s individual needs and regulatory requirements have been fulfilled.
- Orders medications and oversee the resident’s medication schedule for residents receiving medication administration services.
- Ensures proper documentation for medication assistance/administration.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family and physician regarding the resident’s medical needs.
- Be on call for medical questions and residents’ emergencies as scheduled.
- Ensure all infection control guidelines are met.
- Coordinate additional health services the resident may need.
- Review changes in residents’ condition with the Wellness Director, Executive Director and residents’ physician.
Training and Communication Duties: 20% time
- Facilitate OSHA training and assist employees with OSHA compliance.
- Coordinate state required training with Executive Director to ensure regulatory requirements.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the company.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procurement manuals.