Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Do you have a passion for caring for others?
- Are you an individual who takes responsibility and follows through?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service to others?
- Are you detailed oriented and like to follow through on your promises?
Be a part of our new Senior Living community Jackson Creek Senior Living. Located in Monument nestled high on the beautiful Palmer Divide, Jackson Creek Senior Living is launching an expansive 127,885 square foot three-story design on 6.4 scenic acres. The community will offer 27 independent living apartments, 80 assisted living units and 30 memory care units and includes onsite parking with garages, surrounded by decorative landscaping and gardens. The elegant design gives a natural “Colorado feel” with colors of autumn orange, browns and grey surrounded by ornamental grasses and local perennials.
Amenities will include a dedicated focus on wellness, including a 24-hour onsite nurse, state-of-the-art call system, wander-management technology, clinic, therapy gym as well as personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Jackson Creek will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences include walking paths with access to regional nature trails, decorative water features, and garden and horticulture areas. Jackson Creek will offer its own radio station, a convenient dog wash area and a hearing loop in select areas.
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the supervision of a professional nurse, (RN), render nursing care to residents; observe and report symptoms and conditions; take and accurately record temperature, respiration's, pulse, and blood pressure. The LPN also assist in the administering of medications and record reactions; maintain records reflecting the resident’s conditions; bathe and help acutely ill residents; and assist in improving the welfare of residents. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Resident Care Duties: 60% time
- Assist with counseling residents and families.
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the community and nursing policies and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating residents’ dietary needs with the Executive Chef.
- Assume responsibility for residents assign his/her care, including regular bed checks to ensure that no resident is left unattended or permitted to wander from the premises and insure that resident call lights are answered promptly.
- Report incidents of suspected resident abuse immediately.
- Assist the Wellness Director to develop and maintain an up-to-date individual service plan for each resident.
- Engage with residents, families and visitors with genuine interest and tact.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
Department Management Duties: 20% time
- Promote inter-departmental relationships.
- Assist with the orientation and training personnel.
- Responsible for supervision of care managers.
- Coordinate state required training with Wellness Director/Executive Director to ensure regulatory requirements.
- Direct supervision of care giving and coordination of health care needs within the community.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procurement manuals.
- Deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists
Resident Medical Duties: 20% time
- Prepare and administer medications according to procedure and be aware of pharmacological and therapeutic effect.
- Record nursing information on resident’s service plan and clinical records, including nursing notes, graphic sheets, medications and treatment records, transcribe physician orders.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family and physician regarding the resident’s medical needs.
- Ensure all infection control guidelines are met.
- Coordinate additional health services the resident may need.
- Review changes in residents’ condition with the Wellness Director, Executive Director and residents’ physician.