- Do you love creating healthy and nutritious meals?
- Does working as a high-performing individual and as part of a high-performing team excite you?
- Are you passionate about people’s overall health and well-being?
- Are you an individual who is effective at communicating with others?
Be a part of our new Senior Living community Jackson Creek Senior Living. Located in Monument nestled high on the beautiful Palmer Divide, Jackson Creek Senior Living is launching an expansive 127,885 square foot three-story design on 6.4 scenic acres. The community will offer 27 independent living apartments, 80 assisted living units and 30 memory care units and includes onsite parking with garages, surrounded by decorative landscaping and gardens. The elegant design gives a natural “Colorado feel” with colors of autumn orange, browns and grey surrounded by ornamental grasses and local perennials.
Amenities will include a dedicated focus on wellness, including a 24-hour onsite nurse, state-of-the-art call system, wander-management technology, clinic, therapy gym as well as personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Jackson Creek will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences include walking paths with access to regional nature trails, decorative water features, and garden and horticulture areas. Jackson Creek will offer its own radio station, a convenient dog wash area and a hearing loop in select areas.
The Cook will prepare, cook, season, and serve adequate, attractive, nutritious, and balanced meals. Meals prepared include meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, fruit, soups, salads, desserts, breads, and pastries, as specified and scheduled by the menus. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Food Preparation Duties: 75% time
- Handle and prepare food that is palatable, appetizing and attractive
- Establish practice of serving hot food hot and cold food cold.
- Cook a variety of foods in large quantities
- Be familiar with seasoning and cooking time required
- Be aware of cooking characteristics of various cuts of meats, fish and fowl
- Prepare foods for cooking: Peel, wash, trim, and cut vegetables and fruit; wash, cut, de-bone and trim meat, fish and fowl
- Cook food: Bake, roast, stew and steam-cook meats, fish and fowl, basting as necessary to retain flavor; make gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups
- Prepare cold meats, sandwiches, griddle cakes, cooked cereals, and beverages
- Use initiative and judgment in setting up meals and utilizing leftovers to avoid waste.
- Follow standard recipes but make independent decisions in line with current experience.
- Understand importance of proper food-handling techniques and hazards of improper food handling
- Estimate quantities of food required and apportion servings while monitoring portion-controlled guidelines for individual residents
- Taste, smell, and observe food to ensure conformity with recipes and appearance
- Serve food according to dietary guidelines, checking each tray for completeness and accuracy
Kitchen Duties: 25% time
- Comply with meal schedules
- Maintain and use equipment and supplies
- Work cooperatively with other staff and departments
- Wash pots, pans, and other equipment as used
- Responsible for supervision of other food service employees in absence of the Executive Chef